Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rag-O-Rama

Live Green Cincinnati suggests Spring (ok, Summer) cleaning as productive and green activity. Cleaning out my closet is definitely a big item on my todo list. I have way too much clothes. I really need to get rid of some of this stuff that I never wear. The normal process is to offer it to the younger cousins and take what they don't want down to Goodwill. I think, though, that as we get older the hand-me-down system is not what it used to be.

I was in Columbus last weekend and I had a chance to go for a ride down High Street. I was reminded of so many places that I loved while I lived there, one of which was Rag-O-Rama. I didn't shop there a lot (mostly just when I was looking for something odd). I did sell things there once or twice.



It struck me as we drove past that as far as I know there is no analogous business in Cincinnati. Goodwill is great and everything, but it would be cool if I could get some cash for clothes I'm getting rid of. Also, Rag-O-Rama always seemed to have a certain amount of fashion sense. It wasn't just ugly stuff nobody wanted anymore. It was kinda inspiring to shop there. Maybe there are shops like this in Cincinnati that I just don't know about?